We’re all doing the best we can to adjust to these trying times. The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles has re-opened a few of their branches by appointment only, no walk ins are allowed. The majority of the branches are still closed. However, Sterling Insurance Agency is still able to offer free registry running service, which is the fastest way in the state to get anything processed at the RMV. We are pleased that we are still able to offer this service to our clients, as the majority of the general public needs to wait weeks for their scheduled appointment. If you’re in Beverly like us, or anywhere else on the North Shore, there really isn’t a convenient location open, the closest are Lawrence and Boston. As of 6/12/20, here are the branches that are open by appointments and working in some capacity:
- Attleboro – Open for B2B only from 9am-5pm
- Boston (Haymarket) – Open for appointments
- Braintree – Opening on June 22nd as a B2B only from 9am-5pm
- Brockton- Open for appointments
- Danvers – Opening on June 29th for learner’s permit transactions only from 8am-8pm
- Fall River – Open for appointments
- Haverhill – Opening on June 29th as a B2B only from 9am-5pm
- Lawrence – Open for appointments
- Leominster – Opening on June 15th for learner’s permit transactions only from 8am-8pm
- Milford – Will stop processing commercial transactions on June 22nd and will be B2B and IRP transactions only.
- Pittsfield – Open for appointments
- South Yarmouth – Opening on June 22nd for general appointments and learner’s permit transactions; hours to be determined
- Springfield – Open for appointments
- Taunton – Closed, no date for re-opening.
- Watertown – Opening on June 15th for learner’s permit transactions only from 8am-8pm
- Wilmington – Opening for learner’s permit transactions from 5pm-8pm; date to be determined
- Worcester – Open for appointments.
Visit the MAIA website for more information: https://www2.massagent.com/publications/rmv-service-center-openings-changes-june-2020
Whether your needs are auto insurance, homeowners insurance, business insurance, or any other line of insurance, we will do whatever we can to safely help you during these times. Always feel free to contact us for more information regarding our free, registry running service. Stay safe and well!