1929

Established by Lester O. Sterling. The business originated out of Mr. Sterling’s House.

1935

Lester(Les) moved the business to an office location at 222 Cabot Street, Beverly.

1961

Mr. Sterling constructed his own building on 9 Broadway, Beverly.

1974

Richard (Dick) Mooney named executive Vice President.

1977

After continuous growth Sterling Insurance acquired Stanley J. Mikulski Insurance.  Mikulski was a prominent figure in the insurance business for many years.

September 1983

Lester Sterling stepped down as president and sold the agency to Dick Mooney.

1985

Richard (Rick) Mooney begins his career in insurance.

May 1985

In May 1985, The Greater Beverly YMCA named part of their campus ‘The Sterling Center’.  This is honoring Lester Sterling, the founder of Sterling Insurance, who donated 35 acres of land to the YMCA of Beverly years earlier.  The Sterling Center remains a vital part of the Beverly community to this day and Sterling Insurance is proud to continue the Sterling legacy.

1987

Liz Mooney Cahill joins Sterling Insurance.

September 1993

Sterling Insurance Agency moved to and renovated 306 Cabot Street.

April 2002

Rick Mooney was named president of Sterling Insurance Agency.

March 2014

After 40 years of dedicated service and employment, Dick Mooney retires from Sterling Insurance. March 27, 2014 was proclaimed Richard F. Mooney Day by Michael P. Cahill, the Mayor of Beverly.

sterling insurance

Top