We’re all doing the best we can to adjust to these trying times. The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles has re-opened a few of their branches, as the majority of branches stay closed. As of 3/24/20, here are the branches that are open and working in some capacity:
- Fall River
- Milford – Commercial Driver’s License/Permit ONLY
- Wilmington – Commercial Driver’s License/Permit ONLY
- All other locations are completely closed.
Lawrence and Boston are the closest for the majority of our North Shore clients. Our free registry running service is still available, but could be put on pause at any moment due to circumstances out of our control.
Some other bullet points from the RMV:
- The time to renew your vehicle registrations will NOT be extended.
- The time to renew your inspection sticker will be extended for the majority of vehicles until 5/31/20.
- Road tests for class D licenses are suspended until at least 4/6. Mass learner permits are being extended if needed.
- Surcharge and suspension hearings will be conducted via telephone.
Here is the full link to Mass Gov.’s latest registry update for all details – https://www.mass.gov/info-details/rmv-covid-19-information#rmv-service-centers-and-aaa-locations-
As always, we’ll do the best we can to answer any questions you may have and take care of your transactions. Always feel free to call our office in Beverly – 978-922-6600. Even though our doors are closed, our team is here to help you navigate these tough times in any way that we can. Stay safe.